Smug alert..

amazingdm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Well I've seen it a couple times already. HTC Evo3 or whatever that one with the big screen is, owners think they have a better phone than the iPhone 4. Um, what?

101AirAssault

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
This is getting old. Only reason to start this type of thread is to piss off the Evo crowd. To them it is a better phone so leave it at that. Grow up, chuckle because you think your phone is better (he thinks his is better) and move on with your life.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
if this were my forum, there'd be a permanent moratorium on all the stupid threads about every non-iPhone phone that comes out like every 45 seconds. This is an iPhone forum. Fine, make comparisons between the iPhone and other phones, but the bashing/loving/trolling threads that have no information and are pure posturing have to stop. If we allow a separate thread for every Android phone that comes out, this will soon become the Android forum.

mtwilford

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
Well I've seen it a couple times already. HTC Evo3 or whatever that one with the big screen is, owners think they have a better phone than the iPhone 4. Um, what?
Hey Dude
are you drunk or just fall out of bed and hit your head :apple: :apple:

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
They can TRY and convince themselves that that POS is an iPhone killer.

Why don't we just start a list of all the junk phones that purported to be iPhone killers over the years...

101AirAssault

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
They can TRY and convince themselves that that POS is an iPhone killer.

Why don't we just start a list of all the junk phones that purported to be iPhone killers over the years...
OR even better.... grow up and realize that every one has different needs in a phone. Not every one likes the iPhone just as not every one likes droid/evo/samsung what ever.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
they think they have a better phone because it has a bigger scree, a kickstand, the android os which is more "open", and isn't on AT&T (which works fine for me)

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
OR even better.... grow up and realize that every one has different needs in a phone. Not every one likes the iPhone just as not every one likes droid/evo/samsung what ever.
This is an iPhone forum. GROW UP and go play in some Droid forum, troll.

Too funny how your only real advice to people is to "GROW UP." LOL

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
1. There are no iPhone killers, so stop already. Any company whose plan is to "kill" the iPhone will fail, especially since to try and "kill" the iPhone, you have to acknowledge that you're following in its footsteps.

Stop trying to kill the iPhone, and focusing on doing your own thing and doing it well.

2. Specs wars only show that you're interested in numbers on a sheet of paper, and owning a smartphone for the sake of owning a smartphone. On the other hand, most other people have actual lives, and care only about one thing: their phone needs to work, their apps need to run, their e-mail needs to be there and their calendars and contacts need to be organized.

For lots of people, that's an iOS device. For others, it's something else. That means that no phone is automatically "better" than another, universally.

3. If your life has to revolve around feeling superior because of the hunk of metal, plastic and glass that's in your pocket or in your hand, then you need to take stock of life. There are more important things to live for.

ddavid

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2008
So.

I'm glad they are happy with their phones and think it's superior to others. I'm happy with my phone too and think it's superior to all others for MY uses. If I find something that would work better for ME then I'll switch.

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I tried out the Evo and at no point did I think its size was a detriment despite my having slender, average-sized hands. In fact I thought it was quite excellent. I can easily see how someone would consider it the best phone.