Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hi. With the release of Aperture 1.5, Apple has made multiple export plugins for Aperture like Flickr, etc. Does anyone know of a SmugMug plugin for Aperture? If Apple hasn't made one (which i'm 99% sure they didn't) is anyone up to the challenge of making one??:eek:

Thanks, Kevin.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
No need, really. In Aperture I have a preset so that when I"m ready, it configures the finalized RAW image the way I want and puts it into a srgb 800x800 .jpg and sends this to a folder on my desktop called "Upload to Smugmug." When I'm ready, I go into Smugmug and use their universal uploader to transfer my images from desktop to galleries. Voila!

mufflon

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2006
isn't smugmug making a lot of hacks anyhow? take a look at their "hacks" section and see if anything might work / ask the people at smugmug?

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
mufflon said:
isn't smugmug making a lot of hacks anyhow? take a look at their "hacks" section and see if anything might work / ask the people at smugmug?

There has been a question posted in the Digital Grin forums regarding SmugMug/Aperture integration, but doesn't look like anybody is working on anything. I started trying out the SmugMug API last night, which looks pretty straightforward. But Apple has not released the Aperture Export API to developers yet so I can't start looking at it.

Also, I did ask Fraser (FlickrExport developer) if he had any plans of working on a SmugMug export for Aperture. He said he currently has enough work to do on existing projects.

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
I'm looking for comments/suggestions/complaints/ranting with a export plugin for Aperture to SmugMug I'm working on. If you would like to help, please download, unzip and place in the following directory. If you have no other export plugins, you will need to create the directory.

/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export/

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.