smultron lovers, this is its future!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Knuckles1207, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Knuckles1207 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I think all of you know smultron, the no unsupported powerful text editor for Mac OS X. His author stopped the development after releasing a beta compatible with SL.

I decided to fork this project to implement new functionalities and correct bugs. I released yesterday the 3.7a1 with two major new features:

• 64 bits
    • Localizations added
    • Correction of a split view bug

If you want to download this version, go there. If you want to give me your feedback about bugs or features you would like to be implemented, do it in the Issue category of the above website!

Hope you will enjoy this new version.

PS: Spread the word ;-)

2. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

3. Knuckles1207 thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't hesitate to give me a feedback, or request a new feature :)

Have fun

4. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

Thanks for keeping this going!

Since you ask for new features: Bracket-matching currently works only backward - I need to go to the closing bracket to find the matching opening bracket. It would be nice if this would work both ways and would have a customizable time-out. The current one is just to low for large files, where opening and closing brackets don't fit on one screen.

5. Knuckles1207 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

A new version has just been released today with a couple ameliorations, notably a Auto-Update feature. I encourage you to read the change log located on the website.

To download this new version, go here.

If you want to request a feature or report a bug, please do it through the official website as it is difficult for me to follow all the threads concerning smultron.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Thanks, I just downloaded this. I wish I could contribute in some way to help (code or good testing), but for now I'll settle for being very appreciative!

jW

7. TheAngusBurger macrumors member

Thanks for keeping it going, I'm not on Snow Leopard at the moment, but Smultron's a fantastic little application.

8. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

9. Knuckles1207 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have good news for you then. I just uploaded a Leopard version of smultron 3.7.1 with identical functionalities as the Snow Leopard one.

As usual, you can download it from the github project page.

Enjoy :)

10. genXos macrumors newbie

Awesome!

Great job Knuckles, Thanks for keeping this going!

11. ba747heavy macrumors newbie

I don't mean to drudge up an older post, but the link in the first post isn't working for me. Has the project moved?

12. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Google Smultron 3.7a1

There's a few sites where the download is available.

13. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

14. genericUser macrumors newbie

I'm still stuck on Leopard (10.5.8) because of my hardware. Can you please release a Universal build for Leopard. I would like more advanced features that what Smultron can't provide. Like the ability to change the whitespace characters (they're aweful) and a smart home (key) ability, native support for Windows switchers to use PC style home/end & page up/down. Also, it would be nice to have an option to turn on backspace un-indents (when using spaces instead of tabs).