Smurfs' Village battery drain?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crovian, Mar 9, 2011.

1. crovian macrumors regular

Hi, just downloaded the free smurfs' village for iphone 4 (running 4.1 jb Greenpois0n if that matters) and was enjoying it when I realized that on average, I lost about 1% battery for every 1 minute of play time.

I played for about 5 minutes and my battery went from 95 to 89.
    Not even the 3D intensive games like Rage did this to my iphone.

Is this a common issue or is this game just that really battery intensive?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

That doesn't sound normal to me at all. I play this game as well (level 26 :D) and I've never noticed an issue with battery draining on my phone. I'm on 4.1 using Limera1n. I think if you leave this running in the background THEN it might be a drain but once I'm done playing, I kill all background apps. Might wanna give that a try and see if that helps out any.

3. crovian thread starter macrumors regular

I don't leave it running in the background.
    like, before I start it up, i notice the battery was at 95. I launch the game and I play for about 4-5 minutes, planting some strawberries lol (i just started at level 5 haha).
    I exit out and my battery level reads 89.

Do you have battery percentage enabled?
    what kind of battery drain do you get from approximately 5 mintues of playing?

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

With battery percentage showing. I went from 84% to 82% after leaving the game on for about 5 minutes. Quite frankly I'm a little surprised even by that small amount of drop. Maybe it is normal? Never noticed that before.

5. crovian thread starter macrumors regular

ya it freaked me out because i dont even get drops like that when i played rage hd or deep space

but apparently, it's normal or ppl don't recognize it because i couldn't find any thread about the battery drop with smurf on google.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

HAHAHA, damn Smurfs Village is killing my battery. They're in cahoots with Apple. The more pumpkins you plant, the quicker your battery will degrade causing you to get the battery replaced by Apple :D

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Which is covered by both your warranty and AppleCare. So they just want to give themselves more work? In my day at least trolls made an attempt to be intelligent.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I find it more shocking that you guys admit to playing Smurf Village than the battery drain!:eek:

9. crovian thread starter macrumors regular

haha ya at first when i heard it, i thought it'd be really stupid but it's kind of addictive.
    i don't play any 'serious' ios games so simple games like these i enjoy.

but i might end up deleting it cuz of teh battery drain.