smushing an image in fcp.. PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mtfield, Jun 8, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

I shot some footage in widescreen mode in the camera the other day. Strangely when I captured the footage though it imported as if it wasn't shot in widescreen mode. The result i a vertically stretched image. Is there a way in FCP5 to vertically compress an image so I can get it back into the right dimensions? Thanks!

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you shoot anamorphic then you need to use the DV-NTSC anamorphic Easy Setup so FCP knows to un-squeeze the footage. It's an easy fix though. Scroll thru the columns in the FCP Browser window until you find a column called "anamorphic" and click in that column to add a check box next to all the 16x9 footage that you captured. When you use the anamorphic Capture Preset FCP does this automatically so you don't have to. Just make sure that the sequence you work in is anamorphic too.

Lethal

3. mtfield thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks so much I just figured it out! worked perfectly!

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

No need to right click on a clip or anything. In the FCP Browser window just scroll to the right until you see the "Anamorphic" column and click in it to toggle anamorphic on/off for each clip.

[​IMG]

Lethal