Sn0wbreeze 2.2 Released - having fix for iBook issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dev10051981, Feb 16, 2011.

1. dev10051981 macrumors newbie

iOS hacker iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for windows with the fix of iBook issue.Like in Greenposi0n, To achieve untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak, Sn0wbreeze 2.2 uses kernel vulnerability “feedface” in combination with limera1n’s bootrom exploit.

[​IMG]

Snowbreeze 2.2 New Features

Baseband Preservation Mode: The advantage over the Greenposi0nis that PwnageTool allows you to retain current baseband and unlock of the iOS devices and you can safely restore to a custom 4.2.1 pre-jailbroken IPSW, Like in PwnageTool.

Custom Boot Logo: By definition Custom Boot Logo means that it will replace the default white Apple logo at the boot time with the Custom logo, like in Greenposi0n.Sn0wbreeze 2.2 have custom boot logos to install.

Pacman Game:Custom IPSW firmware build process takes time so to make the jailbreak more enjoyable, hacker has added an interesting option to play Pacman game while the IPSW is being build in sn0wbreeze 2.2.You can easily switch from IPSW building screen and Pacman and vice a verse anytime.

Download Link for sn0wbreeze 2.2

http://hotfile.com/dl/105112824/734b0c0/sn0wbreeze-2.2-final.zip.html

http://www.unigizmo.com/1599/sn0wbreeze-2-2-released-to-jailbreak-ios-4-2-1-custom-firmware-download#more-1599

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I keep getting a 1600 error when trying to restore to a 4.2.1 made in it. Any suggestions?

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

sn0wbreeze is junk. What iPhone do you have? If you have an iPhone 4 I can send you my 4.2.1 custom I made in PwnageTool.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

iPhone 3GS 16 GB. I'm trying to restore to a 4.2.1 Sn0wbreeze but I just tried it again now and got error 14. Usually I have pretty good luck with SB. If you had a 4.2.1 3GS PwnageTool IPSW that you could compile/send me, I'd be eternally grateful. PM me.

EDIT: The IPSW also needs to be hactivated. I don't have the proper SIM for the phone I have.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Sent you a PM.

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

If you think snowbreeze is crapware and want the deb to fix books i know comex has it posted around. its called honeycomb or something

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Stay away from iH8sn0w's crap.
    Not worth the risk, use pwnage tool.

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Totally agree. Find a friend with a Mac or wait for Dev Team's version.

9. svenn macrumors 6502

I'm still learning about all these different jb groups, so I didn't even realize snowbreeze was separate. I know generally you cannot predict release dates, but does the dev team usually release a windows version of pwnage?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, there was never a windows version of pwnage tool.
    Not sure why they dont put one out.
    Other groups put up Mac/Windows and Linux versions of their tools.

11. svenn macrumors 6502

Thank you for the reply. What group/program is generally considered a more reliable source for use on Windows?

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I've never had a problem with anything made by iH8sn0w, in fact I find iReb to be quite useful and Sn0wbreeze has actually saved my life in a few scenarios. But on the other hand, I've only ever used Sn0wbreeze on phones that I've had to hactivate (to sell) and never on one that I've actually used as my personal phone. I don't own a Mac so I've never been able to experience Pwnagetool.

13. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Because the iPhone dev-team sucks.
    Thanks to Chronic-dev team for give us something :)

14. jvice09 macrumors member

jvice09

ive never used SB so i cant really rag on it (it has a bad rap on this forum), but pwnage tool has never let me down (mac only), if i were you i would use greenpois0n

15. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You could always right some software yourself and distribute it right?

16. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

No :cool:
    Snowbreeze and pwnagetool uses greenpois0n stuff, a big copy and paste. If we were waiting a solution from iPhone dev-team we would be stuck with that redsn0w tethered jailbreak - at least me and many others.

17. Applejuiced, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's really nice and ungreatfull of you.
    Hope you didnt ever use or will use in the future any of their tools, or Saurik's cydia or anything like that right?:rolleyes:
    Its so easy to talk junk from the sidelines you know.

18. The LPT macrumors regular

So what exactly is wrong with Sn0wbreeze? Has it actually caused permanent damage to a phone? The reason I ask is because all I ever read about it is people saying it's no good, but they never really give a explain why.

19. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Anyone would be hard pressed to find it has ever caused any permanent damage to an iPhone. If you run it yourself you'll see what the complains are about:
    - it's nowhere near as intuitive or user-friendly as PwnageTool
    - the whole implementation comes across as very 'shaky' and you never really can tell for sure whether the IPSW you just built, can be trusted/is valid
    - the GUI follows ih8sn0w's own standard. Windows Shareware GUI anno domino 1992 :eek:
    - it used to contain Apple proprietary code, though this has now been taken out.

Still, we're all very grateful to ih8sn0w for putting in the hours to allow us Windows users to build our own customs.

20. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah but the end result is almost always satisfactory (I've never had a neg experience), especially when you're in a pinch and need to hactivate and don't own a Mac.

21. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

I've never used any musclenerd tools. Saurik is apart :)

22. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

and none of Dev-Teams exploits either? Cool story bro

23. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

+1