Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Does anyone have a simple step by step guide to help us to JB iP4 running on ios beta ?

don't want to spend too much time debugging and dfu'ing the phone.

Also, what is tethered and non-tethered JB ?

Captain America

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Does anyone have a simple step by step guide to help us to JB iP4 running on ios beta ?

don't want to spend too much time debugging and dfu'ing the phone.

Also, what is tethered and non-tethered JB ?

What beta are you on?

As far as tethered and non tethered jailbreaks go:

Tethered - You have to connect the iDevice and re-jailbreak every time your battery dies, you shut off, or reboot (not respring) the device.

Untetherred - You can do whatever the eff you want. Just don't expect to see an untethered jailbreak until at least the GM.

Captain America

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Well you've got two choices in terms of how to jailbreak it. You can use Sn0wbreeze, for which you'll give it the beta 7 ipsw and it'll spit out a modified version that you restore to, or you can use Redsn0w and just tell it you want Cydia on it nao. Either way will work just fine and they're both pretty simple to work through.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Well you've got two choices in terms of how to jailbreak it. You can use Sn0wbreeze, for which you'll give it the beta 7 ipsw and it'll spit out a modified version that you restore to, or you can use Redsn0w and just tell it you want Cydia on it nao. Either way will work just fine and they're both pretty simple to work through.

Okay, lemme try this, never done any JB before and reading thru, looks to be a simple enough process.

in anycase, if things go bad, i can always fall back on the actual 4.3.x by putting in DFU right ? Will I need to remove the iTunes B7 as well to revert back to 4.3.x ?

Captain America

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Okay, lemme try this, never done any JB before and reading thru, looks to be a simple enough process.

in anycase, if things go bad, i can always fall back on the actual 4.3.x by putting in DFU right ? Will I need to remove the iTunes B7 as well to revert back to 4.3.x ?

That depends on whether or not you have your SHSH blobs saved from 4.3.x. If you do, then yes you can downgrade. Otherwise you can only go to 4.3.5, which will be via a Restore.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Im wondering how many more beta versions will be released before the full version for general release !

Captain America

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Im wondering how many more beta versions will be released before the full version for general release !

Nobody knows for sure (well except maybe Apple). It would appear we're getting near the end, but guesses range from next version to at least a few more. Only time will tell, although my personal belief is that we'll have something in October at the latest.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Nobody knows for sure (well except maybe Apple). It would appear we're getting near the end, but guesses range from next version to at least a few more. Only time will tell, although my personal belief is that we'll have something in October at the latest.

Man I hope so.

A big thanks to the beta testers helping iOS5 become a reality '

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.