sn0wbreeze vs pwnage on chinese input method crash

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by allaw, Jun 29, 2011.

1. allaw macrumors member

I just used sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 to jailbroken my iphone 3GS to iOS 4.3.3 successfully after a lot of failed tries with error (21, 29, 1600) and found out that it seems the issue is I have replaced my factory battery with one from ifixit, once I put back the original battery sn0wbreeze went ok.

Anyways, after the jailbreak I've noticed that whenever I tried to write something with the Chinese - traditional input pad will cause the specific app to crash, even by selecting it in settings will pop me out of that screen. I have since found a number of posts on other sites reporting this issue. Has anyone encounter this issue with pwnage tool's IPSW?

On a thread on another site I saw an article saying that we should use redsn0w to put phone in pwned DFU mode so that it can patch the iBoot of the device otherwise we will get one of the 16XX error code. I am wondering if I should use pwnage tool to cook the IPSW then use redsn0w to put iphone into pwned DFU then restore with itunes?

Any insights into these issues will be appreciated.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why don't you try it first and see if it solves the problem?

I am using redsn0w to JB and never had any problem when typing Chinese - traditional.