Snap case or Sleeve/Pouch for new iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 212rikanmofo, Oct 2, 2012.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Okay, my original plans were to purchase the Incase Snapcase but after seeing pics and reading reviews it gave me doubts about it. People are saying the material has change, and its not the same as before. More of a plasticky feel and not the soft matter as it used to be. And the fact that you have a greater chance of scratching/scuffing up your iPhone when removing and installing the case.

So with that being said, I have focused my attention now to getting a sleeve/pouch where I can use my iPhone naked in all its beauty while at the same time have some sort of protection when not in use. I figure this way would be better as I wouldn't have to worry about scratching up my iPhone since there's no case to remove/install, I simply just slide it back into the sleeve/pouch when I'm done using it. And as a bonus I can use the pouch to rest my iPhone on when I want it out on a table just incase I get notifications and want to take a quick glance while out somewhere. The only concern with going with this route is being able to have it in my pocket while using the earpods to listen to music. From all the sleeves/pouches I'v seen, there's no hole cut out for the 3.5mm jack or the speakers. This means I would have to slide my iPhone upside down into the sleeve/pouch, and if i do that I won't be able to access any of my buttons. I'm stuck on this and would like some input from you guys on here on what you think would be best.

I really don't want anything obtrusive, big, bulky and ugly that will take away from the beautiful looks of the iPhone, so I'm thinking a sleeve/pouch will work better and at the same time provide me with protection when not in use. But would like to hear from the community on this one. Thanks.

2. brianhill macrumors newbie

Exactly! I had the same thoughts as you :)
    I am also going for a sleeve for my new iPhone 5 :)

I did search a lot actually for adequate stylish iPhone sleeves. But as the topic is quite new it is really not that easy to find good lists of available products.

I just can recommend you one site I recently found, where some really nice and stylish sleeves are listed: http://iphone5addons.wordpress.com

Cheers,
    Brian

3. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

4. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Mine should be delivered tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

5. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

Awesome, would love to see pics posted with your setup. I also looked at that wordpress website and found about the Fabrix pouch. I ordered one and hopefully will get it soon and will post pics as soon as I receive mines!

This is the one I purchased:

http://www.fabrixcases.com/product/stone-gray

It reminds me of the old iPod socks that Apple use to make! Hopefully it would be roomy enough for me to also fit a very thin snap case as well. Perhaps the SPG Ultra Air one. That would be perfect.