Snap case with magnets vs snap case without

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Gordonpn, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Gordonpn macrumors member

Gordonpn

Hi,

I've been debating for a few days on which to get and I still can't decide. I've going back and forth a lot. I've watched and read so many reviews already and they don't exactly answer my questions. So that's why I resorted to asking my questions on a forum.
    What I was wondering was if the higher price is really worth it to have a magnetic strip that holds back the Smart Cover when it is unfolded?
    Does the magnetic strip change the iPad experience significantly, or a snap case without magnet is fine?
    Is the Smart Cover dangling around get really annoying?
    These questions are more directed towards iPad users who have used both type of cases.

The case with the magnetic strips that I was thinking of getting is the Incase Magnetic Snap Case and the normal snap case I was also considering is the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy.
    For those who have used those cases, do the corners crack really easily? Is there a better case you would recommend?

Thank you so much for reading. Any advice and response would be greatly appreciated.

2. -TYLER macrumors regular

Honestly look at the casecrown omni carbon fiber case, it is one piece magnetic open/close.

30% off code SS30OFF
    http://www.casecrown.com/ipadn/omni

Different colored ones, I suggest the carbon fiber ones, I had one in black it is a terrific case.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I find that being able to secure the Smart Cover to the back does help a lot. That said, when I bought my back cover, the one I liked didn't have a magnet on the back. So I just taped a paper clip to the back cover. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works.

4. Super20 macrumors regular

I have the Incase snap on cover with the two strips on the back. I sent the first one I bought back to the factory because the smart over magnets pulled both strips off of the case! On my second one now and the same thing happened so I just took 3M adhesive spray and glued them in....they haven't come out since. Not a good case and doesn't protect very well...just snaps on the corners and they come unsnapped very easily.

5. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

6. Gordonpn thread starter macrumors member

Gordonpn

Haha, alright. Thanks for all the feedback guys! :)