Snap On Case for A new 15 inch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MaxMike, Feb 24, 2011.

1. MaxMike macrumors 6502

My friend has an early 2008 MacBook Pro and it has dents all over the place. I really would love to prevent this and get one of the hard, snap-on cases from the store when I go to buy my new MBP. I see two online that I like: the Speck SeeThru satin (black) and the Incase Perforated Hardshell (black). Does anyone have experience with any of these cases? Any other snap ons to consider? Thanks! :D

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I have a Speck SeeThru (non Satin) on my 13" MB, and while overall I like it, the plastic clips have broken off on the bottom piece, so it doesn't stay in place as well as it did originally. Still, keeps it relatively protected from scratches, and looks nice. I'd recommend that you compare the clips on each and see if one looks more durable than the other.

jW

3. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

I have worked on client computers who have used the Speck case. Although they do provide protection, you have to remove the cases frequently and clean them as dust/debris can get in and scratch the surface. Very surprising, but true.

4. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

i have the satin black on white at this moment and i love it :)
    i also have 2 pink speck see thru which i like also
    [apple kept shippng me the wrong one..i got 2 free speck cases..never did get the one i wanted though.]

5. HotFieryTech macrumors member

I am also on the hunt for a case before my beloved gets here :p. I've heard that the Incase is better. Check Amazon's reviews.