Snap Shield Secure for New iPad shipped from Amazon

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by geoelectric, Apr 5, 2012.

1. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Got the ship notice today for the Snap Shield Secure for New iPad in Black/Smoke. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

They'd previously estimated shipping as near the end of the month, and it's now listed as 1-3 months on the site, so your mileage may certainly vary.

2. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Damn! I've been dying for this case to finally come out. Seems like the perfect fit for me. I just ordered from them and I can cancel the macmall.com order I have if they ship first.

3. kjaxplicit24 macrumors regular

There are two identical listings on amazon for the case. One says ships in 1-3 months and the other says 2-4 weeks. Which one did you choose?

4. geoelectric thread starter macrumors 6502

geoelectric

My pre-order was against the 1-3 months listing. 2-4 weeks seems like a safer bet though; don't think that one existed when I ordered a couple of weeks ago.

SSS came in this morning, btw:

* Fits great.

No looseness as reported by others. Not nearly as hard to snap on or remove as the iPad 2 version was (on the new iPad), and the Apple logo in the back is clear. Fitment is obviously better.

* Mold release is sloppier on this one than the previous model.

Previous model was completely smooth on the exterior. On this one, I have a slight ridge running parallel to the edge on the top right corner. There's also a little mold release mark that looks for all the world like a crack perpendicular to the edge on the bottom right corner. Doesn't go all the way through the plastic though, and I think it's actually just a mold release burr.

* Back isn't quite as "unmarked" as before.

Before, the only marking on the back was the embossed Belkin logo. Now it has a smaller Belkin logo, but also has some sort of circle logo and model number stamped into the inside of the tray. This causes the circle and reversed number to show through the case, superimposed over the FCC notice on the back of the iPad.

Very minor, but looks a little sloppy. Wish they'd done that somewhere less obvious.

* Only other change is that the cutout for the power button no longer has a strip of plastic along the edge.

It used to be a "closed" cutout, with plastic on all sides. Now it's an open cutout, similar to the light sensor and the headphones cutout. I don't use my power button (smart cover) but this certainly would make it more comfortable to press if I did.

Assuming that bottom right mark doesn't become a crack, I'm quite happy with the cover.

5. kjaxplicit24 macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered the 2-4 week one. Says it'll ship May 1-8. Hopefully it gets shipped sooner...

6. Radio macrumors 68000

I don't like how it's frosted . Canceled my order

Looks cheap. Waiting for the speck.

7. geoelectric thread starter macrumors 6502

geoelectric

I had the clear/frosted one on the iPad 2. It looked OK, but was a fingerprint magnet--though with enough fingerprints, it just looked like part of the frosting. Don't know Speck's to compare.

Smoke also picks up a lot of fingerprints, but they're less obvious.

8. Radio macrumors 68000

9. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I had both the Belkin Snapshield and Speck Smartshell in smoke for the iPad 2 and the Belkin seemed to collect many more fingerprints than the Speck.

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I would think that smoke color would show more fingerprints than the frost.

11. geoelectric thread starter macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Doesn't seem to yet. They're there, but not as obviously off-colored.

12. McJUG macrumors newbie

Got mine

I got mine last week from Amazon. Fits beautifully and the "secure" part makes it even better. I bought the snap only on game day with a leather smart cover and I think this combo is good, but the "secure" option really does it. It also has a more grippy texture than the standard snap. I'm surprised that no one else has received theirs yet. Anyway it's an awesome hard case!

13. amy88 macrumors newbie

Thanks ordered one.

14. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

15. geoelectric thread starter macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Perhaps someone else can. Mine spontaneously broke three days later (there's another thread on that.)

16. junebug1 macrumors regular

junebug1

I just got home to find my Snap Shield Secure in clear that I ordered a few weeks back on Amazon had arrived. Fit is absolutely perfect. I had previously picked up the standard Snap Shield from my local Best Buy and it was a miserable fit with noticeable flex under your hand on the right side. Don't know if it matters but that was a Rev. A00 and the new one is Rev. B00 - also checked at my Best Buy when I returned it and all the clear ones were Rev. A00 and the Pink, Blue and Green were all Rev. B00 - I'll grab pictures tomorrow at work and post them.