Snap to grid AND arrange by name as folder default?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beckiebr, Apr 24, 2011.

1. beckiebr macrumors newbie

I have set up my folders to have snap to grid by default. I like that so I don't have to go about rearranging should something move. But I also would like my folders to be arranged by name - again useful for when things move around - nice to have them still sorted by name. The problem is "show view options" only allows you to choose one of these options and apply as a default. I also can't locate a global setting to choose both. Does anyone know how to set folders to default to both snap to grid and name? I know I can set to snap to grid and then manually select arrange by name on each folder however every time you change the contents of a folder this requires me to to perform that action again. I am looking for a simple way to change this once and use permanently.

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

This confuses me... When you choose the sort by name option under "show view options" it should also arrange the icons in a grid. It does on my computer. The icons can't be automatically arranged by name if they are not in a grid...

3. teddat macrumors member

teddat