Snapping Pics On Map

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacBill, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MacBill macrumors newbie

MacBill

I like to snap pics on the map and email them, but I am having trouble getting the pics to save in lanscape mode. Portrait sucks on the map because it makes everything smaller. I have tried searching for an answere with no luck. Any pointers? I tried locking the orientation, but it makes no difference.
    Thanks in advance guys

2. X2thaP macrumors member

I don't know if I fully understand your question, but what I understand of it, is that you're trying to take a screenshot of your maps app?
    And that you want it to be in landscape, but that's not working out too well (snapshot probably always rotates the wrong direction when
    you are viewing it in the Photos app? Meaning when viewing a landscape snapshot it rotates to portrait and vice-versa.)
    I would suggest to snap the picture in the landscape mode and then just rotate it using something like the PhotoShop Express app.
    This way the rotation is now in the 'correct mode' when viewing it.

Hope it helps.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

+1 for Photoshop Express. It doesn't do much, but it's very good at what it does - including cropping and rotating screenshots.