Snappy Keeps Crashing My Springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dberhane, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Dberhane macrumors member

Just bought Snappy on my ip4, just wondering if anyone knows why it keeps freezing and then crashing the springboard? Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to fix it? Thanks!

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

We have to start with the obvious question, which firmware are you on? There are other alternatives... SnapTap, FastSnap...? Also make sure no other app is assigned to "volume button" for activation. Conflicts like that could cause the Springboard to crash.

3. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I just checked here... iOS 4 JB Compatibility https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tz1lkTAAwtDi_7HJxef0Vgg&f=true&gid=1 According to this list Snappy is not compatible... That may be the reason for the crashes? You want to do research before purchasing apps... Getting a "refund" might be hard to do, then again you shouldn't be able to purchase something that wont work on your phone... I've noticed Rock is better than Cydia at flagging (in)compatibility when searching for apps...

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

When was the last time that list was updated? Because snappy works on iOS4. Not sure why your SB is crashing.. app works fine for me.

5. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Snappy got iOS 4.x compatibility update several weeks ago. It's been working fine for me, but I don't have Winterboard or any crazy custom icon sets, just SBSettings, Infinidock, Infinifolders, 3G Unrestrictor, NotifiedPro, Activator, SpringFlash and, of course, Snappy. It's never done anything funky on me.

6. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

The "list" is wrong. Snappy was updated a couple weeks ago. I have Snappy on an iPhone 4 and it is working flawlessly along with a bunch of other stuff including Winterboard. It is IOS 4 compatible.

7. Dberhane thread starter macrumors member

I'm on iOS 4.0

I thought the conflicting app would be FastSnap(using volume buttons to take pics) but it does the same thing when i disable it. I guess i'm stuck with it until he releases an update or something. Its not a big deal i just like the fact that you can access the camera from the lockscreen...

8. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd be having that problem. I've got Snappy on my 3GS running iOS 4 and I've never had one problem with it crashing the springboard.

On the other hand, I do have issues with Activator and setting Snappy to open on the lockscreen with a double-click of the home button. It works once and then reverts to the swipe-down from the status bar. Kinda annoying, but it still works perfectly. Then again, it's probably a good thing it reverts because I've got that action set (the swipe-down) to open Snappy when on the springboard. At least this way, I don't have to remember two different actions for the same app...lol.

9. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I've had Snappy crash my springboard as well. It has happened when I have had Snappy activated at the lockscreen and allowed the phone to sleep with it open. Other than that, I have been good.