Snappy Mission Control

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iVikD, Nov 24, 2011.

1. iVikD, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011

iVikD macrumors regular

iVikD

Hi, today I booted my MBP and after a while of using it, realized that the mission control is snapping into place, instead of smoothly sliding like it should. I know it's not a big deal, but it bothers me a lot. Here's a video that shows the problem:

EDIT: posted the video on Youtube, no download required

Ignore the background noise.
    Hope someone knows a way to fix this.

2. iVikD, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011

iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

Ran a permission fix, installed an EFI update I hadn't gotten to, but the problem persists.
    Would a PRAM/SMC reset make a difference?

3. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

This is frustrating :( I just reinstalled Lion three days ago because of other problems, I don't want to have to do it again...
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm using Windows7 more than OSX on my Mac now...

4. Macula macrumors 6502

Macula

According to your signature, you Mac is a beast. This should not be happening, even with tons of windows. Do you use an external monitor occasionally? I would do a PRAM reset just in case though I doubt it would sort things out. It could be an erratic application that does this.

5. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

I sometimes use an HDMI monitor, but I haven't since the reinstall a couple of days ago. I tried closing all my open applications, even the ones who just sit in the menu bar, but it kept happening. Funny thing is, neither the processor nor the graphic cards are being taxed by processes, especially since I only have Chrome open right now... I'll try uninstalling the latest apps I added to see if it makes a difference.

6. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

Reset PRAM, nothing changed...
    I'll try to repair Lion from my install disk.

7. Nonentity macrumors member

Aha! I've been suffering something similar for the past few months: Sluggish animations and some system slowdown.

I've tried reinstalling Lion (from scratch) to no avail... Please keep this thread updated, i'm interested to see if you fix this.

Weirdly enough, I just restarted for the second time in two days (with network issues) and it seems to be working ok at the moment.

8. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Uninstalled EVERY app except the ones that came with the Mac, problem persists. I will now format the drive and reinstall from scratch....

9. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Well there you go then.

You now know everything needed to become a Dell tech based in India. Congrats. :)

10. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

Hahaha... I'm aware this is pretty much the fix to all problems, but I would rather use it as a last resort.
    Anyhow, everything's back to normal now, let's hope it stays this way for a while this time.

11. mape2k macrumors regular

Seems like it was caused by something you installed manually then. I would suggest you only install Apps one at a time, backup regularly and check if the problem occurs frequently. This helps you identifying which software causes this problem.