Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan700

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Canada
I use Skitch and Cmd-shift-4 to make snapshots of stuff I want to keep but I can't get past the bottom of the screen. I try to use the scroll button while I have the mouse button down but it doesn't work. Is there something I can use to copy a part of long web pages?

acxz

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2007
Two options:

1. In Safari, export the webpage to PDF, then open in Preview and re-save as a JPG or PNG. Or keep as PDF if you want a scrolling document.

2. Paparazzi

Ryan700

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Canada
What if I only want part of a page that goes past the bottom of the screen? without the ads running along the side?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
What if I only want part of a page that goes past the bottom of the screen? without the ads running along the side?

I recently had to do a lot of webpage screen grabs and went with Paparazzi and then if I had to cut out a segment then I would just use Preview.

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
You can still crop the part you want using Preview, ie. Just select the part and press cmd + k

ThirteenXIII

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2008
what about CMD+SHIFT+4 then pressing Space Bar to get the camera icon to take a full page shot then cropping (with preview, etc)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.