Snapz Pro X Video Capture - Codec Advice

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wrldwzrd89, Apr 28, 2008.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Now that I have Snapz Pro X, I am finally getting around to converting my (non- or minimally interactive) Flash videos to a format QuickTime can play (by capturing them while they're playing, since other video converter applications don't work). Anyway, I did a test conversion, and it worked perfectly. Strangely, the converted video looked better when scaled up than the original! My question is this:

Of the bewildering variety of options available for encoding the captured video, which should I use if I intend to keep 2 copies - 1 for Mac viewing and 1 for iPod viewing? I'll perform the conversion to the format iPod requires within iTunes, so I don't need help with that one. What I do want to know is, for Flash video, which would be best? The test was done with H.264. The default Snapz Pro X suggests is Apple Animation, which I have not tried yet. There are also several other choices. :confused:

2. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Wow, nobody can help me? I would have thought more people had Snapz Pro X, especially after the recent promotion from MacHeist. I suppose I'll just have to experiment on my own, then.