Sneakerheads of MacRumors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Leet Apple, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Remember when you could walk into your local shoe store on release day stress free, don't you miss those days.

Now theres just a whole lot of hype-beast and resellers who are just messing it up for the rest of us. Today i went to go purchase the Olympic 7s and i walk up to my local store (Not Footlocker or Champs) Nike-store....i find a line up people just waiting on the olympic 7s....a line possibly the same size as 11s release day.

This is just ridiculous don't you think? :(

2. mwhities macrumors 6502a

My nephew and I drove my wife to the airport in New Orleans today. (She's going to Vegas. :() After we dropped her off around 5A, we went to Canal Street on the way to Cafe Du Monde' (goggle it). On the way down Canal Street, we noticed about 30-40 people lines up outside of a shoe store.

We were wondering what it was all about. I'll need to check these out I guess. :)

3. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

4. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Really? For shoes?
    Nike must be very happy to exist in a world where people will line up to pay hundreds of dollars for shoes that are (aside from their subjective ugliness, IMO) simply differing from the previous ones in color and details.

5. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I beg to differ, but can understand your point of course. But it's ridiculously hard to find a proper sneaker nowadays
    I loved my Concordes, but Adidas thought it a good idea to change them. It was neither bulky nor boring, now it's both. You can't buy the old ones, too. It's hard to find a shoe like that nowadays. I did though: the Adidas Sixtus and ordered two of the white version. Adidas doesn't even sell them here in Germany, I had to order in the UK..perfect shoe imo, Gucci recently ripped 'em off.

It's not for everyone, and nowadays I buy Italian shoes which cost me an arm and a leg, but there's nothing compared to a good sneaker! Used to wear those attached, plus the simple b/w (white w black stripes) version in my youth (call it a youth-crime if you want) till they fell off my feet.

Unfortunately we do not have a sneaker cemetery around here.

Attached Files:

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I don't know about that, for even in my conservative'ish eye (the right one) they look good for what they are.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Hate how the Jordan brand are releasing B grade products for a higher price. But as long as the hypebeasts think it's rare, they'll flock to buy it. Look at the XI releases every winter.

I personally am going back the the air max line and am looking hard to get my hands on a pair of infrared hyperfuse 90s.

8. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Yup a lot of the kicks these days seem like B Grades, all the jordans I've purchased in 2012 all have Factory flaws. I was thinking of going back and buying old Nike kicks or stock up on Foams

9. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Hope I'll find the Nike Vandals with the classic colors from Terminator someday. The ones they released eversince are fugly. I'm not perfectly sure, but think they were even made out of canvas back then.

Attached Files:

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Never liked the foams except my pair of coppers.

11. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Coppers are dope, Gym Greens i think released recently they looks dope

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Have you seen the Hyperfuse 90 in the wine/crimson colorway?

13. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

now i have and they are doppeeee!

14. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yeah I missed out on the infrared one and this is a great alternative