• Mmmm... something else

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
In my experience, folks are generally divided into 2 distinct camps...
Those who sneeze twice
And those who sneeze thrice​

Clearly there are occasions where people might only sneeze once, or multiple times
But as a general rule, are you a twice or a thrice sneezer?

I almost always sneeze 3 times

Now, one can no doubt speculate on a correlation between sneezing and other factors
Mac users sneeze 3 times, Windows 2 times
iPhone users sneeze 3 times, Android 2 times
Smarter people sneeze 3 times, others 2 times
Attractive people sneeze 3 times, others 2 times​

Obviously these are just based on my personal observations :)
Feel free to draw your own conclusions... and comment accordingly ;)

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I'm usually a double sneezer. But I went through an odd phase where I'd sneeze three times every single morning about an hour after I woke up. Really weird. My assistant at work got the point where it would happen, and she'd just say "There it is!".

I know one guy who has sneezing fits and every time he sneezes, it's in the 12-16 range. But they're all really suppressed and it sounds like he's hyperventilating.

I'm not even going to begin to speculate on Mac/Windows sneezing.

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Must be those drugs you've been taking :D

Multiple sneezes in a set (even two) is very rare for me - maybe that will happen every year or two.
Two or three (or more) - I don't seem prone to that response.
One sneeze, pleeze!
Maybe it's because I am not particularly sensitive - no allergies, afaik.

Oddest response I have ever seen - I worked with a lady in retail store early in my life, stocking shelves. There's a fair amount of dust created. This lady would sneeze, then would always say the word "atchoo". It seemed completely involuntary. Not sure if that counts as one or two!

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I usually try to get a strong first sneeze to ward off the other two I know are coming
But alas, it is to no avail, as the other two almost surely follow no matter what I do
But that first one... well, lets just say I have come close to putting folks into cardiac arrest with those :D

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I've really bad hay fever and can literally sneeze my way to a nosebleed. Actually managed to give myself concussion several times.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Generally speaking, 1.5 times. :p Many times it's just once, but others times it takes two sneezes to get it all out. It's exceptionally rare if I sneeze more than twice.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Once. I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I've double sneezed.

I once had a roommate who double sneezed. Everyone else I know sneezes once.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Pumpkindale
Apple needs to add sneeze sensing to the Apple Watch. This is too important an issue to allow guesswork. Maybe a combination of the gyro, accel, and mic, with some digital filtering to recognize the motion coincident with the sneezing sound. If they don't, some other smart-watch vendor will, and then Apple is doooooomed.

No, I'm not serious at all.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
My mother is one of those astonishing sneezers, regularly sneezing in the 14-16 range.

And yes, until she had a nostril cauterised around a decade and a half ago, she occasionally sneezed her way to a massive nose bleed.