Snerdware out of business?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zelet, Apr 16, 2008.

1. zelet macrumors regular

Has anybody heard anything from Snerdware? I have tried their support form, support email, and even the CEOs voicemail and I haven't heard anything back.

They are still selling Groupcal but aren't supporting it. Which makes me assume that they are ripping people off that buy their product before checking if it's compatible with 10.5.

2. alFR macrumors 68020

They're certainly overdue on their estimate of Q1 2008 for Leopard compatibility for Groupcal, with no updates on the site on the status of the new version (if any). Personally I've given up waiting and have upgraded to Leopard anyway, I'm just using OWA for my work calendar for the moment.

Let's hope Apple pull some sort of Exchange integration for iCal out of the bag in June along with the iPhone Exchange client....

3. zelet thread starter macrumors regular

I gave up a looooong time ago. The lead developer used to work at Microsoft and this type of software is par for the MS course.

GroupCal is:
    1. Buggy
    2. Hard to install
    3. Harder to uninstall
    4. Horrible interface
    5. Always months behind updates
    6. Only necessary because of crappy, undocumented protocols that MS locks away

4. dabeeeenster macrumors newbie

I think this is a distinct possibility...Otherwise the only way you could manage events if you were using a Mac and Exchange server would be through the phone, which just seems a bit crazy...

5. juxtapos macrumors newbie

My account got deleted

I think they gave up. I wrote an e-mail to support two months ago and they never replied. I tried to login today with my credentials and I couldn't. Trying to get the password sent to me didn't work either as it said my "E-Mail address wasn't registered". Bad news for Exchange-iCal sync...

6. icrash macrumors newbie

just in case you havn't seen this...looks like something is going on....

7. bericd macrumors member

A simple courtesy email to their registered users (I am one) would have been nice. So far this is the first sign of life on the site in over a year, despite several emails on my part (and others) asking for status updates, or _any_ news.

If the rumored exchange compatibility in Snow Leopard is true then Snerdware better get a move on or they'll be obsolete before their new offering is obsolete.

8. dabeeeenster macrumors newbie

Their site is completely dead for me now - no response at all...

9. mmccaskill macrumors 6502

Yeah I would have appreciated an email. This is very unprofessional. I'll make sure to figure out who the developers were to avoid buying future products from any new company they form.

10. SystemHasFailed macrumors member

SystemHasFailed

I would have liked a simple email posted on their website, admitting to creating a sub-standard product.. admitting defeat.. and that they're going to go back and beg for their old jobs at the Mac BU at MS.

Instead I got completely ripped off.