SNES emulator?

themacster298

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Hi! I am trying to get a SNES emulator on my 1st generation iPod touch specifically because I want to play the classic game Super Mario World on-the-go. Whenever I search for a tutorial it is either out-of-date or it does not work. Can anyone tell me how or point me to a up-to-date tutorial? Any help is appreciated.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Hi! I am trying to get a SNES emulator on my 1st generation iPod touch specifically because I want to play the classic game Super Mario World on-the-go. Whenever I search for a tutorial it is either out-of-date or it does not work. Can anyone tell me how or point me to a up-to-date tutorial? Any help is appreciated.
I've only seen one (sorry, can't remember) but the controls were supposed to be atrocious...

themacster298

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Well, now I have a emulator and there is a option to get more games (which just take you to websites in the app where to get roms) but when I try and get Super Mario World it just stays loading. I have left it for a few hours and I still wont get anything. I am trying my best to solve this. Any help?

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
Well, now I have a emulator and there is a option to get more games (which just take you to websites in the app where to get roms) but when I try and get Super Mario World it just stays loading. I have left it for a few hours and I still wont get anything. I am trying my best to solve this. Any help?
Try www.vimm.net on your computer, get the rom then just copy it over to the iphone

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I use SNES A.D.+ to download roms using site 2 (it's the only one I can get it to work with) and then play them in SNES4iPhone as I prefer the controls and emulator. I can say that using a Wiimote to play them on the iPhone is awesome. Love that BT feature.