SNES Problem - Console or the Game?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ChePibe, Mar 2, 2009.

1. ChePibe macrumors member

I'm trying to figure out if this problem is due to my console or the game itself.

I have an original SNES which plays every game I have just fine except for one - Street Fighter II Turbo. The game's title screen comes up just fine, and I can get to the point where I can select a game. At that point, as soon as I hit "start", the screen goes blank and the music continues but that's it. It stays like this for about 30-45 seconds and then comes back to the title screen. It does this with all games - Turbo and Normal.

I have purchased two Street Fighter II Turbo cartridges and both have the same problem in the same console. I don't know anyone around here with an SNES for testing, so that's not an option. I have disassembled and cleaned both games.

What is causing this problem? Is it a problem with the game(s) or the system?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Try other SNES games of a similar ROM size and capability of SF2. Normally if something is up with a cartridge then it wont work at all, rather than breaking at a certain stage.