Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FelixII

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Germany
Hi,

I’ve just released SnipNotes 5, a major update for my note-taking app. It includes some of the most frequently requested features like subcategories and iCloud synchronization on Apple Watch. This new update also merges the iOS and macOS versions of SnipNotes to allow for shared purchases. Here is an overview of what’s new:

snipnotes5_en.png

• You can now organize your notes with subcategories. The category list has a new look and a few new features. For example, you can collapse the trash or your categories to save space. Protected categories will show a little lock icon.
  • You can now choose from a huge selection of modern icons when creating new categories. A search field helps you find the right icon for your category. The same selection of icons is available for your notes as well.
  • SnipNotes on Apple Watch will now synchronize directly with iCloud, which should improve reliability. Notes from your other devices are downloaded directly to your watch without having to open SnipNotes on your iPhone first.
  • On Mac, you can now integrate SnipNotes into your shortcuts. Create notes and categories, append text to notes, open notes, and much more.
  • SnipNotes is now translated into a total of 10 languages: Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish.
  • New users can unlock SnipNotes with a single in-app purchase for iOS and Mac. Both apps are available as a free download on the App Store.
Subcategories require a one-time upgrade for existing customers within the app. This purchase unlocks the feature for both iOS and macOS. If you have purchased SnipNotes Plus after January 1, 2023, you will automatically gain access to subcategories. All other new features are available free of charge for existing customers.

The new update is now available on the App Store. To enable shared purchases for iOS and macOS, I had to release a new app on the Mac App Store. Instructions on how to migrate to the new version can be found here. Your notes and purchases will be automatically transferred to the new app.

I'm happy to answer any questions or suggestions. Please feel free to reply to this thread.

TimmerSuds

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
Love the app but still anxiously waiting for two features for it to become my go to app…

Add links to pdf files
Add ability to add tables in notes

Are these features being considered in the near future?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Reactions: FelixII

FelixII

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Germany
Thank you! 😊 Yes, both features are on my roadmap. Tables are probably farther into the future because they are hard to implement in Markdown (which SnipNotes uses for storage).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.