Snippets from video files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jacobp, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jacobp macrumors member

Please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but i am a Mac newbie. i have some videos that i would love to take pieces of and put together a video of those pieces. How do i do that?

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Well, it depends.

Quicktime Pro can do this for some videos. You can also use iMovie for some formats as well.

Are they videos you've taken yourself or from other sources?

Most of the other options are somewhat pricey. Can you be more specific?

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can do this in QuickTime Pro by cutting and psting using the slider or you could use iMovie. its not that hard.

4. jacobp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestions. They are movies taken by a videographer of my son playing baseball. And I'd like to put together a highlight video. The files seem ot be in VIDEO_TS folders, if that helps with giving me suggestions.

I was hoping there was a way to just kinda cut-and-paste while I was watching the movies. Is that possible? I don't have QT Pro, but, of course, I do have iMovie.

5. seeker777 macrumors member

seeker777

The best way to learn and figure it out is to try it. Launch iMovie and spend a few minutes going to the Help section. Don't be afraid of it. It may take a while to get your first one going, but hey, then you'll know how for future movies.

Attached Files: