SnoL install on clean drive with Family Pack discs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macChikin, Oct 19, 2009.

1. macChikin macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some online searches to try to figure out if this is possible, and I can't seem to get any conclusive answers.

Basically, I have a MacBook on which I had Tiger installed. I had a hell of a time upgrading to Leopard (actually, the friend who insisted I upgraded had a hell of a time, I should say) and many of the apps didn't fully migrate over. I've been thinking about upgrading to SnoL, but I want a fresh install on a brand new drive that I install in the MacBook. I don't mind reinstalling apps and copying over files from the old drive to the new one.

So, with that in mind, I'm wondering if I can install a brand new hard drive, format it and install SnoL on it using a Family Pack disk without having to preinstall Tiger or Leopard on it first. Also, do I need the original Tiger/Leopard discs, since I lost those long ago?

Thanks,
    macChikin

2. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

Yes this is possible just insert DVD boot from it (hold C or change boot order from OS) then in installer open disk utility format the HD and then install snow leopard, this is what I have done when I got my copy