Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

New content is today arriving on Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade, in "The Snoopy Show" and puzzle game "Lumen." To celebrate the launch of The Snoopy Show, Apple has transformed its apple.com homepage.

snoopy-show-homepage.jpg

On the Apple homepage, individual sections for the iPhone 12, iPad Air, HomePod mini, and Apple TV 4K now feature small Snoopy characters and animations to promote the show's launch.

Starring the world's most famous Beagle, and his best bud, Woodstock. He's a dog like no other — whether he's flying high in the sky, or searching for treasure at the bottom of the sea, he's always up to something fun. So gather your gang, and get ready to follow along with The Snoopy Show, only on Apple TV+.

The Snoopy Show marks Apple's second series made in partnership with WildBrain (formerly DHX Media) and its subsidiary, Peanuts Worldwide. In 2019, Apple debuted faux documentary "Peanuts in Space: Secrets of Apollo 10," and "Snoopy in Space," following Snoopy and the Peanuts gang as Snoopy pursues his dream of being an astronaut.

Apple won an Emmy for Outstanding Children's or Family Viewing Program for Peanuts in Space, and it has committed to producing a range of new "Peanuts" content in the future.

Moreover, puzzle game Lumen comes to Apple Arcade today. Lumen comes from developer Lykke Studios, which also brought the color-mixing puzzle game "Tint" to Apple Arcade last year. Lumen encourages players to use light sources, lenses, and mirrors to solve puzzles.

lumen. is a puzzle game with unique mechanics, where you have to solve levels by using lights, mirrors, and lenses.

You will find yourself in the old attic of Olivia McLumen and discover her mysterious vintage lumen box. Olivia McLumen lived in Scotland over 100 years ago and was a great inventor of her time. Solve puzzles to recreate the stories of her inventions!

With carefully considered visual feedback, animations, and music, Lumen creates a distinctive atmosphere and challenges players to solve hundreds of unique puzzles.

The Snoopy Show is streaming now on Apple TV+ with a season of six episodes, and Lumen is available to download now on Apple Arcade.

Article Link: Snoopy Takes Over Apple's Homepage for New TV+ Series, Puzzle Game 'Lumen' Added to Apple Arcade

w5jck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
Maybe Peanuts will have a better appeal to adults than it did under the authorship of Charles M. Schultz. It was fun to read the strip and watch on TV as a very young pre-teen child, but lame beyond belief as an adult. Plus it was way too preachy. I pity the parents who had to endure that boring show when I was a child. Hopefully the new producers can bring Peanuts up to modern times, get rid of the preachy religious tones, and make it entertaining and funny for kids and adults alike. I seriously doubt they will though. I think Snoopy has been too busy the past few years making TV commercials to be of much help in this new version...

eroyce

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2004
Minnesota (brrrr)
Problem is my kids won't ever search ATV+ for content because they have such a limited catalog of kids shows.Personally I think it looks like it could be a good show, but I'm sure most kids aren't reading apple rumor forums to learn about it.

Reactions: slamuelrock

kc9hzn

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2020
For a sec I thought it was Lumines, which is probably the best puzzle game of all time.
You’re not the only one. Some years back, I got my hands on a semi-bricked PSP and determined I could probably restore it to stock firmware and update to the latest firmware using the Lumines exploit. Since I definitely was gonna buy a copy of Lumines anyway, I definitely wasn’t complaining! I think there is or was an iPhone puzzle game by the creator of Lumines a few years back.

Apple TV+’s catalogue of shows is growing, and children’s programming seems to be an area Apple is really focusing on. If I had kids, I could really see the value of Apple TV+’s children’s television offerings. Certainly, I feel like it’s higher quality children’s programming than you get from other mainstream streaming services (let alone the cesspool that is YouTube for Kids), and it seems to be the only service that develops exclusive children’s programming. But, like with the rest of Apple TV+, it suffers some from the almost complete lack of back catalogue programs (children’s programming being the one area where they do have some back catalogue programs). If Apple were even to make the slightest of push towards acquiring more back catalogue content, the value of Apple TV+ to me would increase significantly. Still, it’s interesting to see what a largely legacy-free streaming service can do (though one probably wouldn’t get anywhere without a big name firm like Apple bankrolling it).

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Snoopy taking over the home page is a stroke of genius, and super cute. My youngest son LOVES Snoopy and Apple so he's smitten by the redesign (and The Snoopy Show, of course).

• Love
Reactions: Ar40 and jjm3

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I’m still holding out for a more adult peanuts show, still as kids, I don’t need to see a 40yo Charlie, (we’re already living that life), but just more along the lines of the books. Give some quality time to Charlie Browns pathos, not necessarily explain or solve it like shows always try to do, but like the books, just accept that for most of the time, life isn’t a series of snappy punchlines, wins, acquisitions & high points. & finding something to appreciate in spite of it might be as good as it gets.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
What a freaking amazing series. Wow. Wow. Wow. Captures the spirit of the Charlie Brown shorts I grew up on and feels authentic, while updating the animation style and editing techniques. The jazz music influence is alive and well. There is tremendous heart. Wow. I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor at how awesome a job the team did on this series. This series delivers. If you're a fan of the originals, or just want a feel good and light show, this is another smash hit from Apple TV+.

Reactions: ThunderSkunk

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
I’m still holding out for a more adult peanuts show, still as kids, I don’t need to see a 40yo Charlie, (we’re already living that life), but just more along the lines of the books. Give some quality time to Charlie Browns pathos, not necessarily explain or solve it like shows always try to do, but like the books, just accept that for most of the time, life isn’t a series of snappy punchlines, wins, acquisitions & high points. & finding something to appreciate in spite of it might be as good as it gets.
You should watch this series. It's amazing.

Reactions: ThunderSkunk

GrumpyMom

macrumors G4
Sep 11, 2014
Maybe Peanuts will have a better appeal to adults than it did under the authorship of Charles M. Schultz. It was fun to read the strip and watch on TV as a very young pre-teen child, but lame beyond belief as an adult. Plus it was way too preachy. I pity the parents who had to endure that boring show when I was a child. Hopefully the new producers can bring Peanuts up to modern times, get rid of the preachy religious tones, and make it entertaining and funny for kids and adults alike. I seriously doubt they will though. I think Snoopy has been too busy the past few years making TV commercials to be of much help in this new version...
Interestingly, there is no such person as Charles M. Schultz. It’s Schulz. I’m not dinging you on the spelling. Apparently I’ve been spelling it wrong my whole life, thinking there was a “t” in there, too. My family of Peanuts fanatics corrected me and I was quite astonished because I’d been looking at that name on the comics since I was a kid and somehow saw the name my brain expected to see instead of what was actually printed.

The entirety of the series holds up better for me as an adult and now I can’t really enjoy the late 70’s-80’s strips I enjoyed as a kid and teen without looking at the evolution his work took. And for me, the real joy is always going to be in Snoopy and Woodstock, so I am kind of excited about this show.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40 and DblHelix

-DMN-

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2019
More Freedom than Yours
While we’re at it let’s “modernize” the Mona Lisa, Make Scooby Doo a cat, Queen Elizabeth, she is outdated too. /s
Not everything needs to change for the sake of progress.

-DMN-

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2019
More Freedom than Yours
While we’re at it let’s “modernize” the Mona Lisa, Make Scooby Doo a cat, Queen Elizabeth, she is outdated too. /s
Not everything needs to change for the sake of progress.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
what preachy religious tones are you talking about? Are you certain you aren't bringing your bias into this?

• Love
Reactions: Ar40
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.