Snow 201 Certification

Discussion in 'macOS' started by webphoenix, Feb 13, 2011.

1. webphoenix macrumors newbie

Hi Mac peeps!

I'm about to sit my snow 201 exam for Mac OS X server 10.6. Has anyone recently sat this exam. What kind of emphasis can I expect on things such as terminal commands etc. Your help would be much appreciated.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you take the course or study the course materials? They have sample tests, to give you an idea of what the test will be like. By the way, you do realize that Lion is going to be released in a matter of months, so there will be new courses and certifications associated with that, right?

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

That doesn't matter. You can re-cert online. It is better to have multiple OSes under your belt as opposed to waiting for the latest. Most companies aren't going to migrate over to Lion as soon as it is released, both client and server side.

There is planning and testing that precede that kind of migration.

OP, there isn't an emphasis in these base tests. They cover the whole range of the study materials. Study the material and practice and you will be fine.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I only ask because, in some cases, it's helpful to have the most current certifications. Of course, it's good to be certified in multiple versions, but not knowing details about the OP's situation, I thought it would be helpful to point that out.

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

For Apple certs, it really doesn't matter. Most people don't even re-cert on these things.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It matters to some clients.

7. webphoenix thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you to everyone who responded. I've been using a variety of materials (peachpit books, cbt and Apple online server documentation). I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

Thanks again.