Snow and Time

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jigsawjammer, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

OK- quickly- I want to do a clean install of snow. I have time machine backups. Will time machine transfer over my installed software like Office and Works??? Thanks

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

What's on your backup?

Usually you just backup files.

You'd be better off anyway reinstalling your programs from the original discs.

It actually did snow in Colorado yesterday, by the way. It's that time!

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have Time Machine backup everything except my iTunes music and video folders. It backs up the .itl file in iTunes.

As long as you don't exclude anything else, yes, it backs up all apps and they get restored in a Time Machine restore.

By the way, I am in Broomfield Colorado, a suburb of Denver. We're getting our first snowfall overnight. It snowed in the mountains today and we had snow showers yesterday.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

you've gotta get everything

There could be a problem if an application installs data files, etc. in another folder, say buried in the System folder. If you're sure that such files do not exist, or that they are backed up, then a transfer could work. You need an expert to chime in here... someone who's actually done what you're asking about.

And I bet your sidewalks and lawns are dry today. I lived in Boulder and Golden for a total of 5 years. I'd love to move back someday!

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You should know then how unpredictable the weather is here in Colorado.

No snow over night. They said the storm moved in a different direction, you know the typical thing that can sometimes bring us two feet of snow when they said we would be lucky to get an inch.

Still waiting on our first snow.