Snow leapord... change dock...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by spacemanps, Aug 30, 2009.

1. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

so is there a way to change the doc in snow leapord yet.... when i had leapord i had a sweet hard wood floor dock... and now its this regular grey (after i updated to snow).. is there an application like leapord docks that will change my dock?

2. VeXilliuM macrumors newbie

Hey,

I can confirm that Leopard Docks works, I used it to change my Snow Leopard dock back to the version I had on Leopard.

-Hope this helps,

-VeX.

3. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

4. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

i actually did it with out using that program... just went into dock folder.. and replaced a few files... sweet. thanks

5. POSIXFTW macrumors newbie

POSIXFTW

It will work fine as long as the dock theming app doesn't rely on some element of cocoa thats been horribly modified in Snow Leopard

6. Matthew. macrumors regular

May be a little late here, but Dock Library has just been updated to be compatible with Snow Leopard.

7. pyroman8813 macrumors newbie

hey I guess I am even later to the party but I was going through this today as I had to change a few things again because of the update but if you want to change the way the dock looks its pretty simple.

First find the dock in library files. It should be something like /System/Library/CoreServices/ Then command click on it and you will see an option for "show package contents" click on that and then navigate to the resource folder. In there you will find all the resource images to change any part of the appearance to the dock that you want. Simply pick the part that you want to edit and the save it back to the same location. then open up terminal and type in "sudo killall Dock" this will reset that dock and voila! all your new settings will be loaded up. I changed it so that the little program indicator lights are now red instead of blue so that they are easier to see.

*Note I would recommend you make back ups of the dock before you go around and start changing things just in case. It might also be a good idea to keep an extra copy of the dock with all your new settings lying around as when you update the OS any changes you made might get wiped out and you will have to do this again.

Enjoy!