Snow leop, everytime I restart icons reshuffle to right side

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bender644, Oct 30, 2009.

1. bender644 macrumors member

How do I make it so that they stay put! I looked in the finder preference and the view options. Anybody have this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance, Bender.

2. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

Because thats the way it is. No, seriously, I have never seen a Mac with icons on the left. This is not Windows. It is not annoying, just let Windows annoying ways go. :p

3. bender644 thread starter macrumors member

I've never used a windows in my house :) Been using macs since the LCIII.... Maybe you misunderstood me. I want my icons to be on my desktop EXACTLY as they are, after I restart the computer. So, after I restart it, what it does is it puts all of my icons to the right. It's never happened to me on my mac before. I have all sorts of icons on my desktop all over the place, there is no reason why they should be moved after a restart....it was fine in Leopard, just snow leopard.

Thanks, again.

4. bender644 thread starter macrumors member

Someone with Snow Leopard can restart their computer and tell me if their icons shuffle around on their desktop? Thanks for your help.

5. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Mine don't. If you right-click on the desktop & have a look at "Show View Options", what is "Arrange by" set to? I have it set to "None"