Snow Leopard 10.6.0 ishowu issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Pur3 Macs, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Pur3 Macs macrumors member

Aug 28, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi guys, I just purchased snow leopard and installed it and went to record my halo game with 'ishowu'. So I opened up 'ishowu' and it made this deafening sound(like a super loud beep).
    I was just wondering if this was to do with 'Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.0'?

I updated 'ishowu' last night. But when i open it i turn off the volume because i'm scared that sound might go off again if I leave the volume on.

After the update I checked the 'record system audio' box, and it had a new thing for that to install. So I accepted that and then it said unable to get system audio driver or something and now it can't record system audio!
    I need to be able to record system audio for my halo mod demos.:confused:

So any help with the beep sound or system audio problem would be greatly appreciated.:D

I'm running 'IshowU' version 1.73,
    I'm running it on a :apple:'24'inch iMac(2009) 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, 2.66GHZ Processor:apple: if that helps.

It worked fine on normal leopard 10.5.7
    no annoying sound issue and it could record system audio but not anymore.....:mad:
  2. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2009
    If you go to the soundflower website, you can download and install soundflower from there and iShowU will work fine again whilst recording system sound. :)

EDIT: Here's the soundflower download page:

Click on the topmost link :)

Snow leopard seems to have broken the built-in installer for soundflower in ishowu.

My problem with iShowU in snow leopard is recording - it opens fine but when I press the record button it just crashes. :(

It works sometimes but 9/10 times it just fails. :eek:

Not good :(
  3. Pur3 Macs thread starter macrumors member

Aug 28, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks a lot mate it worked:)

as for you though I'm not sure mine works perfectly fine now have you tried re-downloading it? I updated mine and the only thing wrong was the sound recording but thats all good now.
  4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Oct 13, 2008
    Everywhere And Nowhere
    I have this issue now. It was loud. In version 1.76b