Snow Leopard 10.6.0 ishowu issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Pur3 Macs, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Pur3 Macs macrumors member

Hi guys, I just purchased snow leopard and installed it and went to record my halo game with 'ishowu'. So I opened up 'ishowu' and it made this deafening sound(like a super loud beep).
    I was just wondering if this was to do with 'Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.0'?

I updated 'ishowu' last night. But when i open it i turn off the volume because i'm scared that sound might go off again if I leave the volume on.

After the update I checked the 'record system audio' box, and it had a new thing for that to install. So I accepted that and then it said unable to get system audio driver or something and now it can't record system audio!
    I need to be able to record system audio for my halo mod demos.:confused:

So any help with the beep sound or system audio problem would be greatly appreciated.:D

I'm running 'IshowU' version 1.73,
    I'm running it on a :apple:'24'inch iMac(2009) 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, 2.66GHZ Processor:apple: if that helps.

It worked fine on normal leopard 10.5.7
    no annoying sound issue and it could record system audio but not anymore.....:mad:

2. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

If you go to the soundflower website, you can download and install soundflower from there and iShowU will work fine again whilst recording system sound. :)

EDIT: Here's the soundflower download page: http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/downloads/list

Click on the topmost link :)

Snow leopard seems to have broken the built-in installer for soundflower in ishowu.

My problem with iShowU in snow leopard is recording - it opens fine but when I press the record button it just crashes. :(

It works sometimes but 9/10 times it just fails. :eek:

Not good :(

3. Pur3 Macs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot mate it worked:)

as for you though I'm not sure mine works perfectly fine now have you tried re-downloading it? I updated mine and the only thing wrong was the sound recording but thats all good now.

4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

I have this issue now. It was loud. In version 1.76b