Snow Leopard 10.6.1 Sleep Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by VSMacOne, Sep 12, 2009.

1. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Since upgrading to 10.6.1 I've found that every time i wake my MB from sleep, applications keep quitting left and right, and I get these "application quit unexpectedly" messages. It's happened with Entourage, Safari, iTunes, Dashboard.
    It's getting pretty annoying. I've tried resetting the PRAM but that didn't help.
    Does anybody have a clue what to do?!

2. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I've changed the title of the thread to make it a little more direct.
    I'd appreciate any help.

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

All I can say is check permissions?

I had the sleep issue where it wouldnt go into sleep, but after I updated to 10.6.1 and reset permissions, works a treat now.

Always worth a go

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

FWIW, I had issues of MB taking 30 seconds to go to sleep. I reset PMU and all is back to normal.

5. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

SMC reset and Permissions fixed.
    Still no change. :( boo

6. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Are there any log entries that might shed light on it? When the system sleeps and then resumes there is a lot of memory activity and hard disk activity happening.

I would be suspicious of a hardware fault.

One way to test would be for you to back the system up, do a fresh installation of SL and see if the problem is still happening. If it is then it is a hardware issue of some kind as other 10.6.1 users do not have this problem.

If the issue does not happen with the reloaded system then you have some unsupported kernel extensions, etc, that are causing these issues for you.