Snow Leopard 10.6.4 graphic problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Deqoy, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Deqoy macrumors newbie

I am having an issue with the monitor flashing banded gradients and then having to manually shut down when I use any Adobe CS5 program or Pro Tools or Final Cut, I am currently using OS 10.6.4. The card is the NVIDIA GeForce 120GT. I have been having this problem since 10.6, Everytime i upgrade to 10.6.2/3/4 some problems are fixed and new ones arise ...

I do not know if this is a 64bit problem or a problem with Nvidia. I would like to fix this asap as having the screen flicker and freeze while working has made my mac un-usable.

2. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Try installing NVIDIA's Mac driver hotfix. The new drivers are at http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-macosx-19.5.8f03-driver.html and while NVIDIA claims that they are for G285GTXs only, they work with any NVIDIA card on OS 10.6.4. To get the new drivers installed, you cannot start the install from the meta-package, you have to "Show Package Contents" and extract the 3 separate sub-installers. Once you've got all 3, install each of them and then finally reboot.

The point of this hotfix release is that Apple f**cked up big time with the NVIDIA drivers on OS 10.6.4.