Snow leopard 10.6 booting issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bonvoyage, Feb 8, 2011.

1. bonvoyage macrumors member

I am using macbookpro laptop and my updated version of Snow leopard 10.6.6 isnt booting up and the system gets shutdown aftr showing up the initial apple boot menu for a minute(apple symbol in a white background).

I m using the boot camp windows nw and it show that "mac drive may have corrupted".But i mounted th drive in windows 7 and i got access to all my mac drive files which i have safely taken the backup.

I tried to start using the mac driver cd and boot it frm the dvd drive by pressing on C but its not even goin to the next window aftr the boot menu,whr i cant even go to the Disk utility menu.

This issue happened aftr finishing my work in windows and restarted from windows 7 to Mac,but whn th windows 7 got switched off, a blue window with error msgs poped up.I switched off th blue window by pressing on power button.I switched on the power button but mac isnt booting aftr tht issue.

I thnk the OS got corrupted and hard disk is still safe (becs i could access th mac files thru bootcamp widows7)

Pls help me in this issue ???

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

So you are saying you can boot nothing on your Mac? Not OS X? Not Windows? Not even boot from the OS DVD? This is starting to sound like a trip to the Apple Store. You should always be able to boot from the OS DVD. I believe an "Archive and Install" from the OS DVD would preserve everything including your user files and the Bootcamp partition, but if you can't even boot from the OS DVD I'm not sure what to tell you. There are some threads here about different boot commands you can get by holding keys during boot such as booting from DVD, zapping Pram, etc. I think you can find them from the sticky threads at the top of the OS X forum. Let us know what you find out.

3. bonvoyage thread starter macrumors member

sorry to confuse u,i could boot to boot camp windows 7, but can't boot to mac.Whn i m tryin to boot to mac,system gets switched off aftr showing this boot menu(screen shot is attached) for a min.

Boot camp windows is working perfectly and i could access the mac files thru macdrive8 software which helps me access the mac folders.

Whn i try to boot from cd,i could hear th spinning of wheels but th drive pushes out th OS cd within few seconds,thn the system gets switched off.

I dont know wht went wrong

Attached Files: