Snow Leopard 10A261

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chowmein, Feb 20, 2009.

1. chowmein macrumors member

EDIT: It was probably a mistake to start this thread. So, someone hurry up and delete it.

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

3. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

That's too bad, Snow Leopard is either not coming out for a long while or I'm not getting it.

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

What does this even mean?
    Snow leopard is supposed to be released late this year.

5. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Sorry. I should rephrase this. They should not release snow leopard for a while and see that is it is this buggy, erasing a hard drive, thats like a Macbook failing. If it is released soon, which was supposed to be this summer, I may not get it.

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

There's already been a discussion on this plus Apple has been at build 10A271 for a while now. Nothing new here.

Plus it's against Apple's NDA to post pictures of unreleased O/S versions.

7. weckart macrumors 68040

Hands up who thinks the OP signed Apple's NDA? Me, neither.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

10a261, unless you have an advance build? :)

If they ship June, and follow previous form, April will be busy with new builds. Currently we've seen a ~ 4 month gap, 1 month gap, then 2 month gap.

There's more we haven't seen yet.

9. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

That you know of.;)

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Dude, it IS a beta copy, calm down. :p

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Reminds of the person who was pissed at apple because the newest version of iTunes didn't work on OS 7 from Microsoft. They were blaming Apple for not supporting a beta version of an OS. Got to love it! People never cease to amaze me.

12. Floris1994 Guest

This is a developer preview version...

13. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

You do realize this isn't an RTM build, right?

14. eddietr macrumors 6502a

It's not even a beta.

And the OP agreed to the same NDA that all the rest of us developers agreed to. I guess agreeing to something doesn't mean much anymore, huh? :rolleyes:

The purpose of the program is for us to provide feedback to Apple on any issues we're seeing. And to give developers a chance to start the process of making our software work (or work better) on Snow Leopard.

Of course there would have to be bugs right now. The OS, according to Apple's public statements, is still being developed.

15. Sergeant Pepper macrumors member

Any information on application compatibility (I don't care about games)? I'm considering running Snow Leopard as my main OS, but I don't want to do that if nothing works.

16. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

How would anyone know? As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread already, it is still under development.

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The OP sounds more like he torrented his copy and didn't sign an NDA. His opinions and information are worthless.

18. Sergeant Pepper macrumors member

Maybe the original poster would know, since he has a copy? Hmm?

I have a copy of the 10A222 seed, and I'm considering replacing Leopard with it. At the very least I'll boot it off an external.

How is his information worthless? Legitimate or not, it is still Snow Leopard.

19. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Because Apple often changes API behavior, compatibility, and performance during early system development. They also have innumerable bugs that may change the operation of a piece of software, or even stop it from functioning altogether.

But you already knew that, since there's a warning/disclaimer to that effect mentioned in the notes provided with your developer seed, right? ;)

20. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Fixed.

21. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Considering I also have a copy (a legal copy I might add), no he does not know. It is still under development and therefore things can change. No one will know what application compatibility is like until it goes gold master. Even Apple don't know because when something is under development it changes. Funny that, eh?

Bad idea.

22. Sergeant Pepper macrumors member

Hence the "boot it off an external" part of my post.

And for everyone who says "No one knows what application compatibility is like," I realize that application compatibility changes with each new build. I was referring to app compatibility with this particular build.

23. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Because it's out of date and off of an illegitimate copy that may have been corrupted, or have any number of other issues.

As I said. Worthless

/Thread