Snow Leopard acts like PCs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pcs are junk, Oct 5, 2009.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

When i bought my mac at best buy the guy said more processes make it run faster, this was with leopard, with snow leopard, it is freezing when i am trying to send a video through email. it has been freezing alot lately and for the first time ever, applications have been not responding. has apple created the mac version of vista? should i down grade becuz ive been thinking about it, but if i down grade, will i lose all the stuff on my desktop, documents, itunes stuff, and like all my stuff on my computer? or do you think 10.6.2 will fix this?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wait, more processes make Leopard run faster?
    Boy you've been had!

3. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

i dont know if its true but thats what the guy told me.

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

im sure he meant processors ;)

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

That's funny...

Yeah more processors = better performance
    More processes = more work for your computer

If you're having slowdowns and hangs with Snow Leopard, I recommend a clean install and maxing out your RAM (if you haven't already)

6. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

no thats exactly what he told me, more processes make it run faster. back to topic, should i down grade or wait for 10.6.2?

7. tongteh macrumors 6502

i think your problem might come from your hard-disc. I have had a similar issue and sent it to a apple service repairer.. try to verify disk permission in disk utilities to see if there's any problem with your hard-disc.

8. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Either the guy at best buy is talking out of his sphincter, or he meant to say processors. SL has a technology called Grand Central Dispatch which allows the system to better harness the power of multicore and multiprocessor systems (more processors).

10.6.2 has been seeded, so its release shouldn't be too far away. For what its worth, SL has been fine for me.

9. devburke Guest