Snow Leopard Adobe Flash!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JavaWizKid, Aug 31, 2009.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

Isn't Snow Leopard supposed to bring hardware acceleration better to the OS? I know adobe flash has never been good in OSX but it is worse in Snow Leopard! I use SMC Fan Control to keep my temps down but the temps rise so rapidly I have to go on 6000rpm to keep it below 70 degrees WTF! In Leopard it was fine on 3000rpm! This is standard definition we are talking about never mind HD!!!!! I'm using a 2.4Ghz Penryn MacBook Pro with an 8600m GT graphics card.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Flash isn't hardware accelerated. H.264 is.

3. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

But why are my temps getting ridiculously higher in SL?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Because Adobe haven't released a Snow Leopard-optimised version of the Flash plugin.

5. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd hardly say the Leopard one was optimised!

6. zwaldowski macrumors member

Let's face it: Adobe is ****** at making Flash. It's now just as bad on OS X as on Linux and Windows. This is neither a deficiency of Apple or Snow Leopard. Complain to them.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

True. Flash sucks full stop.

8. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

It's always been 4x worse on OS X than it has on windows.

9. kevo0822 macrumors regular

yeah, it's always been abysmal on OS X.

10. Trepanator macrumors newbie

Did you install the latest version from Adobe's website? I think the one that shipped with SL was kind of out-dated. I was having slowness and beachballs in Safari all the time (on a clean install) until I updated the Flash plug-in. Now it works wonderfully, or at least as well as Flash ever worked on Mac OS X.

By the way, does anybody know if Click2Flash has been updated for Snow Leopard? I usually use it to kill all the damn flash ads that trash my battery life...

11. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Yes, go to their site you can download it. I did, works just like in leopard.

12. duykur macrumors regular

Flash is terrible on mac, I don't see a difference in SL. Programers need to make their programs work with SL's technologies to get better performance

13. rd261 macrumors regular

Im just using camino to watch flash videos for the moment being since it uses less cpu than safari when using flash in snow leopard. Is not as slick and fast as safari but at least I'll have some more battery time.