snow leopard airport conflict

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by boynigel, Sep 6, 2011.

1. boynigel macrumors regular

i just updated my OS on my imac to snow leopard. everything works fine except now the imac can't find the airport base that's on my PPC G4 tower (running tiger) in another room. NOTHING has changed except for the OS update. to make matters worse, every toolbar option that i could use to fix the problem is low-lit and i can't select anything. any ideas?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What kind of airport base station is it, and why is it relevant that it's "on [your] PPC G4 tower (running Tiger)" ?

3. boynigel thread starter macrumors regular

i didn't know that it wasn't relevant, so i offered the info. better to have too much info than not enough? at any rate, i got it running. problem solved, thanks

4. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting the solution, it'll really help other people who have the same issue in the future. :rolleyes:

5. boynigel thread starter macrumors regular

the solution was the magic brownie that i ate out of the frustration of it all. when i re-approached the problem in my "altered" state, i pulled it off somehow. and people say drugs are destroying this country!? that said, i don't recall exactly what i did. i'll take notes next time!