Snow Leopard Airport Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jwalker90, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jwalker90 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Ive just recently updated my macbook osx to snow leopard however im having problems with the airport! ive never come across this before on my mac but for some reason when i try and log into my wireless internet the connection times out, this is a right ball ache! can anyone help me out? ive tried a software update but theres nothing coming up :(

Thanks
    Jordan

Im currently on 10.6.6.

2. jwalker90 thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh some how ive managed to fix it, if it goes off again though i will re post here!

fingers crossed it wont! ha

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This is all over the these forums.

The rest 10.6.x Airport:

1. Turn off Airport!
    2. Navigate to the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YouUserName//Library/Preferences/ and open the folder SystemConfiguration and delete the items in this folder.
    3. Immediately Reboot!!! This so OS X will rebuild those files upon restart.
    4. Upon the restart open System Preferences->Network, Airport and Re-Add your wireless network settings. THEN click the "Apply" button to SAVE this new Setting!

Try this to see if it works.

4. jwalker90 thread starter macrumors newbie

done the above mate still happening :(

I did have it working but today i closed my macbook lid and it went to sleep as soon as i opened the lid it came up with connection timed out again! WHAT THE HELL! arghhh how annoying!

Any other ideas?