Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
East coast
I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this.

I just did an erase and install on my iMac and I installed Aperture 2 on my iMac. I clicked it to open it and run the updates on it and it won't open due to compatibility issues. I'm assuming it will be able to be opened in time so I can update it and use it, but does anyone have any idea when? This seems kind of crazy to me that this isn't compatible.

macuserx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2006
I remember seeing something about versions before 2.1.2 not being compatible with SL. if your disk is old, this could be the problem. You could try downloading the newest version from the Apple website and entering your serial afterwards.

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Aperture is currently on V2.1.4. There was an update about 2 days ago.

On another note. If and when you get Aperture up and running can you tell me if there is any kinda speed boost please. Also can you tell me your Mac specs. I'm hoping that Aperture speeds up a bit on my 2.2ghz MBP with SL.

marcre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
East coast
Aperture is currently on V2.1.4. There was an update about 2 days ago.

On another note. If and when you get Aperture up and running can you tell me if there is any kinda speed boost please. Also can you tell me your Mac specs. I'm hoping that Aperture speeds up a bit on my 2.2ghz MBP with SL.

Thanks for the replies. I got the disk shortly after it came out. It's just weird, because the only way for me to get it up-to-date is to run software updater on it, but I can't do that because it won't open. I'll try the idea of downloading it from Apple. Hopefully that works. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do.

I'm on an iMac, 2.4, 2gb ram and now using SL. Of course, I have no idea when I'll be able to use it. I'll let you know though.

Lordedmond

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Tilchestune UK
if its installed then software update should update it . mine did as I have ver 2 on disc .

I just installed it and let software update do its thing

marcre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
East coast
if its installed then software update should update it . mine did as I have ver 2 on disc .

I just installed it and let software update do its thing

awesome. I just tried software update and it brought it up this time. Not sure why it didn't before. Thanks for getting me to try that again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.