Snow Leopard and early 2008 MBP Penryn

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gugus, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Gugus macrumors newbie

Hi folks !

First, there is my Specs : 10.6.4 MBP Penryn 2,5Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 8600M GT 512Mb, and a 320Gb Seagate Momentus (7200rpm)

I got stuck with a little but VERY annoying problem since Snow Leopard… everything is running fine, but I have Finder graphical glitches and Spaces glitches/Lag too…
    For instance, When I open a new window from a folder for the first time (for each folder), I have a glitch appearing, i can see one or two frames of the popping window animation.

Another example is Space lagging when I am switching in Fullscreen mode sometimes, and often showing graphical glitches while I am moving a window in Spaces+Exposé mode.

These are minors bugs… BUT there has been no updates on this since 10.6.0 through 10.6.4, and I tried these on Fresh Leopard and Fresh Snow Leopard systems on an external HD (7200rpm with FW800).
    Results are evident : Snow Leopard is causing this.

So, because Apple can't respond (one guy tried on the Support communities forums at Apple.com/Support, and I spammed them with the Mac OS X feedback between 10.6.3 and 10.6.4), and because I am now sure this is just a problem between Snow Leopard and the 8600M GT driver… I am looking for other persons earning a Penryn MacBook Pro with this same graphic card to locate precisely the problem.

Is there some people here with a MBP Penryn and 10.6 ?

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I have the same exact MBP as you, minus your hard drive. What/how do you want me to test and post the results

3. Gugus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer !

I can see it like this :
    -At boot and Session opening, open folders on your desktop (like your hard drive, and multiple ones, each different) or with a Cmd+click when you are in a Finder window to open a new window.

You should see some lag in the "popping window animation" during maybe 1/2 second, like this :

[​IMG]

-And with Spaces, open several windows (like 10) and switch in fullscreen Spaces mode, do an Exposé in Spaces, and try to move some windows between Spaces. You should see a graphical glitch (again, less than 1s) when you move the window (like if the window left a trace).
    :)

4. Gugus thread starter macrumors newbie

So, TheShinyMac and maybe some others, any news about this ? :)