Snow Leopard and File Sharing between Mac's only problem...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aplnub, Dec 12, 2009.

1. aplnub macrumors regular

I have a small home network. Three macs all running the latest version of Snow Leopard (as of right now 10.6.2).

I have my Mini acting as a file server. We do remote backups via SuperDuper to an attached HDD on the mini. So it just runs and does nothing. On the mini I have the admin account and then two “sharing” accounts. Lets call the sharing accounts “user1” and “user2.”

I have shared one folder with “user1” and a different folder with “user2.” That way each user has their very own folder to put whatever file they want in there without the other user accidentally deleting or messing around with their files.

Both user account computers can connect to the Mini with no problem. The problem is that both user accounts can see and write to each other’s folders.

I have the permissions via “File Sharing” in System Preferences --> Sharing --> File Sharing set so that only the user and admin have read/write privileges and “Everyone” has no access.

I know something is wrong because I have this exact setup at work and users can only see their shared folder.

Any idea what is going on?

2. aplnub thread starter macrumors regular