Snow Leopard and iLife 09

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mbleopard, Jun 9, 2009.

1. mbleopard macrumors regular

Sorry if this is obvious, but I was curious if iLife 09 is going to come packaged with Snow Leopard when I buy it or would I have to buy iLife 09 separately?

2. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

I'm 99% sure that it will come together, dunno about the $29 version.

3. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

ilife is a separate package to the os (snow leopard), if you buy a new mac you will receive ilife and the new os, but you have to purchase ilife separately if you just buy the os

4. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

iLife, iWork and Mac OS are three completely different software packages and the only way to get them together is to purchase the Mac Box set which retails for $169

Now what Apple is purportedly doing is that its selling 10.6 for just $29 to all 10.5 users. For those running 10.4, you'll need to shell out a full $169 to get the Box Set with iLife and iWork 09 since Apple wont retail 10.6 alone!

5. RED™ macrumors regular

RED™

That means that for $29 bucks I'll have it all including iLife '09? I seriously doubt that, but I'll be happy if it is :D

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The $29 upgrade will only include Snow Leopard.

7. RED™ macrumors regular

RED™

Thought so, thank you :)

8. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

I'd really like it to come packaged together! But for some reason I doubt it.. I do want all the cool features of both and it being packaged together, it would be much more easier that way! I may just have to save my money and get the both separately then :(

9. RED™ macrumors regular

RED™

I have a quick question (to avoid _another_ Snow Leopard thread, I'd post it here).

If I buy a new Mac now and then receive the SL disk in september, will it be a retail DVD or one bound to the machine? Especially Tiger to Leopard upgraders, how did that work?