Snow Leopard and iWeb 09 issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HawaiiMacAddict, Aug 30, 2009.

1. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I had a nice website up using iWeb 09, but did the unimaginable while performing a clean install of Snowy on my MBP - I failed to backup the domain.site file for my website!

Oh well, I decided to just re-create it using iWeb, again. I set everything back up (the FTP uplink and everything), but when I tried to view the page, I got a 404 error. I looked at my FTP site and couldn't find the index.html file (attached is a screenshot).

I next looked in the folder containing my domain.sites2 (in this case) file, and didn't see the index.html file. Does anyone know what's going on? Is there an issue using iWeb 09 with Snow Leopard?

BTW, if anyone wants to know, I went to Cyberduck's website to get the 3.3b1 version, as that is the only one that works with Snow Leopard.

2. HawaiiMacAddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I don't know how to explain what just happened. I forgot to include the screenshots, but ended up deleting the files on my FTP server and re-creating the website in iWeb, but leaving the name of the default page as 'Welcome' vice changing it to 'Index' and everything worked. I have two index.html files and I can't drag and drop them as before, however, so that is confusing.

Attached Files: