Snow Leopard and QuickTime Pro

Discussion in 'macOS' started by guklein, Aug 23, 2009.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

Will QuickTime Pro be in Snow Leopard?
    Or I have to buy it separately?

Thanks.

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Quicktime pro is never included, you always have to purchase a license to get the pro features.

3. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Meh. QuickTime X in its current form is a poor replacement for 7. There are no exporting features, just "sharing" via iTunes (at iPhone, Apple TV and Computer presets), Mobile Me and YouTube. You can't pick the bit rate, codec or size you want to convert to.

QuickTime X is the new iMovie '08.

Apple includes QuickTime 7 on the installation DVD. However, it's not the Pro version. You still have to purchase a Pro key for 7 separately.

Attached Files:

• QX.jpg
      QX.jpg
      File size:
      65.3 KB
      Views:
  5. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

Yeah, it's a real let down. It's very buggy too. If you're a QT Pro user, you'll want to keep using it.

6. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

though the screen casting feature is really good, been using it to make tutorials for months

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

True. Although I sort of feel bad for the third-party developers that make great screen casting software. It's not really necessary anymore unless you're heavy into scree casting.

I'm interested in the future of QuickTime. Is it a simple media player, now? Or is Apple going to beef it up in the next few point releases? Also, what happens on Windows, Leopard and Tiger? Obviously, they want iTunes to work on those platforms. Are they going to port X to all of them to use with iTunes? Or build the QuickTime APIs into iTunes?

The 9/9/09 event will be interesting for sure.