Snow Leopard and the MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ercanbas, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ercanbas macrumors regular

How do you all think Snow Leopard will benefit the MBA aside from adding more HD space and introducing Quicktime X? Will the MBA see the benefits of the 64bit and Grand Central?

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Considering it's exactly the same as every other laptop Apple makes in every respect that matters for 64 bit and for grand central, I don't see why not.

3. walnuts macrumors 6502

You know, this is a really good question. I don't think it's a coincidence that apple just updated everything in their line (except the mini) with some sort of decent graphic card. It seems that the focus of snow leopard's optimization will be using graphic card power in everyday computing. Unfortunately, everyone with a MB and a MBA up until very recently won't see any benefit from their intel graphics. As far as 64 bits, again I could be wrong, but doesn't that help addressing larger amounts of ram, which won't help an MBA with it's unchangeable 2gb of ram (or even a maxed out MB with 4gb). There probably will be more improvements which apple hasn't made clear.

4. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Many are already complaining how slow the Air can get. Air can only handle 2GB RAM. I think that will hold it back from seeing 64 bit Snow Leopard.