Snow Leopard Apple Store launch parties?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Goaliegeek, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

You may recall all the Apple Store's closing down early, and giving out free t-shirts for the launch of 10.5. Does anybody know if Apple will do the same thing for Snow Leopard? I would like another free t-shirt with my new OS. :cool::apple:

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

10.4 had scratchers to win stuff, while 10.5 had t-shirts. 10.2 and 10.3 also had launch events...

Don't know about 10.6. Called the local store and they had no idea what I was talking about.

3. Goaliegeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

ok, I called mine, the guy said they will have it on sale on Friday, but as far as a launch like a few years ago, he said call back later in the week because they still need to plan things. Sucks, I have to buy a new printer too because the one I have doesn't support 10.6. ugh. Can't wait for SL though!

4. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Any confirmation on if there were will be free t-shirts again? There is an Apple Store down the street from my college, which I'm moving into on Thursday. If there isn't anything super-cool happening, I'll just pick up my copy on Friday sometime.

5. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I am seriously doubting any party favors will be given out as a result of 10.6. Remember, there aren't tons of new features for the end-user.

In fact, I was so confident in this opinion that I went ahead and preordered Snow Leopard, because I wasn't expecting any free t-shirts or stuff like that at the Apple Store.

6. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

With Leopard, Apple announced it 10 days in advance of the release date. This was mentioned alongside a 6 p.m. launch at Apple Retail Stores. Now, Snow Leopard was announced just 5 days in advance -- I don't know if that's enough time for the Retail Stores to be ready.

It'd be awesome if it was, but I'm leaning toward "no" this time.
    But I'd call my local store later this week -- just in case.

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I agree, I don't think well see much of a launch party. They are releasing it on a Friday, in the busy back to school time for many states. I doubt Apple would want to lose the revenue of closing for one of the busiest periods. (although they do make a killing at their stores, so maybe its not a big deal)