Snow Leopard battery lower?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kr26633z, Sep 4, 2009.

1. kr26633z macrumors newbie

heya,

i bought my MBP 13' a month ago and the battery was brilliant and last 6ish hours a blast and since i installed snow leopard last week its average performance has dropped to 3-4 hours. Does anyone know what particular thing has done this or does 64bit require more power and thus making this normal. thanks

K

2. pmcb macrumors member

i was experiencing the same thing since upgrading to snow leopard, after a battery calibration, i'm all good, back to normal. though it may have had something to do with i leave my laptop plugged in more often than not. keep i mind apple recommends calibrating the battery once a month ish.

3. Zorginator macrumors newbie

Recalibrate the battery. I'm getting 6-7 hours of web browsing on mine in Snow Leopard; this was about the same in Leopard.

4. kr26633z thread starter macrumors newbie

5. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

I have an mid 08 MBP(Pre-Unibody) and seem to be getting better battery life in SL from taking notes in class. My battery use to last only 2.5 hours ~_~ and was thinking of seeing if Apple would check to see if the battery was ok and not a bad one... And I've only had the laptop for a year and it went from 5 hours down to 2.5 hours in the year. But since SL, I seem to be getting 3.5-5.25 hours on my MBP just from taking notes. But with bluetooth and wifi off with low screen brightness. I did the same before SL and was actually getting 2.75-3 hours on it with the same settings as I currently do with note taking in class. So SL is actually doing better for me in the battery life dept. :D

-Tony