Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
hi , i own a 2009 MBP
last time i uses leopard that comes with it and i installed win vista on it , using boot camp
i still remember that i use the driver that found inside my OSX installation CD for the windows and it runs fine

however i recently purchased a new hdd and just bought a copy of snow leopard
and now i want to install windows 7 on my mbp
when i run the bootcamp applications , it says that "do not use driver that comes with the OSX installation CD" instead there's an option to download it
but when i hit the download button, it doesnt show any progressions bar .
so ithought i just go to apple .com and download the latest boot camp 3.2 for win 7 64 bit as im planning to use win 7 64 bit on my machine.

now the question is , is taht the correct and latest driver available ?
because its stated that its an "update" do i need to download previous versions first before im able to use it ? or i can use it straight away ?
and another thing , do i need to burn those to CD ?
or i can just use flash disk and transfer it and double click the .exe on my windows 7 partition after i install the win 7 ?

last time i remember how simple it is to use boot camp but why now apple kind of making it harder ?
the only reason i uses boot camp is to play games only.

please help,
thank you very much.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Use the version on the Snow Leopard upgrade disc and then update it with the thing you downloaded.

Right now some machines are trying the download thing and the Mac won't burn or save those files properly. Apparently they do have it working in Lion.

B

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
so thats mean i use the snow leopard dvd to install the windows driver
and then after that i use the boot camp 3.2 updater that i downloaded from apple.com to update the driver.?

and is the 3.2 the latest ?
or is there any new one ?

thank you.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
so thats mean i use the snow leopard dvd to install the windows driver
and then after that i use the boot camp 3.2 updater that i downloaded from apple.com to update the driver.?

Yes and yes. Use AppleSoftware Update to make sure you have the latest at the end.

B

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
hi all, especially balamw

i did install win 7 64 bit via bootcamp on my mbp
and i installed the driver from the leopard cd that i have.
now i have a few question
i upgrade to boot camp 3.2 right ?
but it prompt me to install 3.1 first before installing 3.2
by the way, which one is better the video card driver on boot camp 3.2 or the one that i downloaded straight from nvidia.com ?
my mbp is using geforce 9600MT

and also another thing is that before i installed win 7 in my mbp
my disk utillity>repair permissions only took about 2-3 minutes at the most
but after i install win 7, not it tooks like 15 minutes or so
and the mac partitions, seems a little bit sluggish too, i dont know wheter its my mind playing trick on me or is that the cause of installing win 7 on my machine ?

thank you. please advise.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Just run Apple Software Update then it will get the latest drivers for you. Whether you use the Boot Camp driver or the one from Nvidia depends on what you want to do with Windows on your Mac.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.